Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Goodnight New York....

Today was long and exhausting. But WOW!!!! All of your beautiful prayers, thoughts, verses....not only were they powerful but they upheld us. Here in New York....we were not alone. There was an army of people upholding us, and we are so very thankful.

They can't get Elijah in for his chemo tomorrow...so it looks like it will be Tuesday next week. Tomorrow morning, Ben will fly home to our kids who have been anxiously awaiting our return.  They were sad to hear that I will be staying with Elijah for another week.  Still working out all the details for that. The Ronald McDonald house has graciously allowed me to extend my stay. Still working on flights and things.  Please pray for the kiddos-it's hard to have their momma gone. But they will be so glad to have their Daddy!!!!

I don't know all the details for Elijah's procedure....but I do know that he can't nurse after midnight the night before.  And afterwards he must lay flat for 4-6 hours since they are going in througb the femoral artery.  Please pray for me-that my back would stay strong, that I would navigate the city and getting back and forth from the hospital and the airport well, Elijah and my return trip, his chemo treatment, and one last small request....that I will eat. :) I'm sort of a homebody and so I just need to take care of myself so I can take the best care of Elijah.

I don't know what to expect....but I'm trusting Jesus. There's no other way for me.

So after a long day....it's time to say goodnight to the city. I will continue to read and cherish all the messages and comments you have sent. What a beautiful thing happened today!!!! All of you fought with us, on our behalf...not with weapons but with prayer.  Oh, how thankful I am to have all of you on this journey with us....and oh, how thankful I am to rest tonight in the arms of my Savior.

Thank you for your continued prayers!!!!

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him."
Psalm 62:1

No comments: