Thursday, July 30, 2015

Driving into the storm

It's human nature.  Well, for most of us anyway. When you look ahead and see a storm, you want to run the other direction.

Well, maybe that's just me.
Don't get me wrong....I like watching a storm just as much as the next guy. But I like watching it from a distance. While drinking tea, and snuggling up with a blanket.

Sometimes in life, you see the storm ahead, and you want to run. Or hide. Or both.  

I'd say that Ben and I are at least a little on the adventurous side, since we did hop in a van and drive across the country with seven kids with no plan once before.

But this time, it was a little like driving further into a storm that we never fully came out of.  We're tired.  Every week since we've been back from NY, I've had to take Elijah to have his counts checked, Ben went back to work, life just keeps moving at its regular pace.  And while the adventure of a road trip with the kids still carries some excitement....getting behind the wheel and feeling yourself desperate for sleep was not something we were *anxious* to dive back into.

Not to mention....we are really pushing it. There's no time for slow moving. Last time we drove through the night twice and it still took us four days.

But Ben acknowledged early on, "This has to be Christ in me, because I don't have it in me to do this trip."

Nor do I.

I am so thankful that our God says His power is made PERFECT in our weakness.

So weaknesses laid bare...we're heading in full force.

Thanks for praying us through!

No comments: