Friday, July 03, 2015

Adventures...


Sometimes in life, you just don't exactly know what to do. We all feel it, especially when someone you love is hurting....you just want to DO something. Well, there's not a whole lot I can DO for Elijah except wait for Monday morning. He will go in and have the chemo procedure and then he will be in recovery for about 5 hours.  Then, as long as all is well, we will fly home Tuesday. Yay!!!

But in the meantime, I just need to wait. Elijah is a super sweet baby, but tends to be either super happy or super fussy.  So...here in NY, we do a lot of walking. Yesterday I walked around for about 2 hours....just taking it all in. Today we decided to be adventurous and see if we could walk to the West Side. We made it! We went to the American Museum of Natural History.  Here in NY, they allow you to get in by donation-meaning, you pay what you can.  It is so awesome that they do this....but pretty humbling to walk up and admit that you really can't afford the "suggested donation."  I cried. I think partly because all my emotions are at the surface, and partly because any explanation I could give all leads back to "my baby boy has cancer."  But they were very kind, and I didn't have to give an explanation. I just gave what I could and it was fine.
The main entrance-I had to walk around back with the stroller, but I thought the kids would enjoy the statue of Theodore Roosevelt.
This was over by the entrance I used. :)
I'll be very honest-I really just couldn't get into a "museum mindset" today. So, I walked through dinosaurs and such, and then tried to find a place to sit and feed Elijah. That took me about an hour or so. I'm still glad I went, but I just had a lot on my mind today.

The West Side is very beautiful! At least, what I saw of it. We walked over by going under some pretty sketchy bridges and such, so on our way back, we cut through Central Park.

We walked past the library, but they are closed today for the holiday.

It was really fun to have an adventure. Sometimes you just need to clear your mind and wear out your body at the same time. That we did! We made it back to Ronald McDonald house and are going to lay low and rest until dinner time.

 




No comments: