Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Results

I'm still working my way through the radiology report, but it looks like the brain is clear. Specifically they are looking at the pineal gland, which is the most common place they find tumors in kids with RB.  In general, they don't discover these tumors until about two years after diagnosis, so Elijah will continue to have an MRI every 6 months until.....I can't remember if they said age 3 or age 5.

There was, of course, evidence of disease in his left eye, which is what I am working my way through in trying to get as much information as possible from the report. I know that Elijah's exams under anesthesia give a much better picture of what is actually happening in the eye, but I am a momma bear. So I go over ever inch of the report and try to educate myself as much as possible. :-)

I don't think there will ever be a day where waiting on exams, MRI's, and reports will get "easy", per se, but I am so thankful for each and every prayer from those who were waiting "with" me today.  It makes all the difference.

Once we got home, I noticed that Elijah is pretty warm. So....he may be coming down with something. Time to hunker down and snuggle.
He is pretty happy driving his tractor around right now. (I wish you could all hear the sound effects!) It's so good to be home!!!!

No comments: