Sunday, July 23, 2006

El Capitan Theatre

Well, needless to say, with no close friends or family here in Crestline, it makes it a little difficult for us to get out. But, all the summer staff was going to the El Capitan Theatre to see Pirates of the Caribbean 2. There is a really nice lady named Joyce who works in the kitchen, and she had sort of volunteered to watch the kids on a Saturday since her husband works nights. Well, Ben reeled her in and she came over to watch the kids last night. So Ben and I drove two of the other summer staff down to Hollywood and saw the movie. We didn't get home until 2am!!! Poor Joyce!! And of course, I didn't notice until later since it was so late, but she mopped our floor, cleaned our stove, and probably did at least two loads of laundry!! So, the Lord provided a little date night for us, and the kids did great. Emma came downstairs this morning and said, "Where is Joyce? I didn't want her to go..."

2 comments:

lnstryker said...

WOW! I wish we had babysitters that cleaned...I guess my mom kind of straightens up after the kids go to bed, but never that much. You should get her to watch them more often!!

Rebecca said...

Aw. Why did you go all the way to Hollywood? We saw that one for our mommy night last week. It was a lot better than I thought it would be.