Monday, June 05, 2006

Expecting Again!!!???

You always get mixed responses when you tell people you're pregnant...especially depending on how many kids you already have, and how close they are together etc. I am used to people coming up to me in Target and first, asking if Emma and Caleb are twins. Then I explain that, no, they are 14 months apart (just under, actually). Then they tell me how crazy I am!!! So imagine if those people knew I was having another one!!!! But, anyway, I don't even necessarily think I would argue. I am crazy! Some days more than others, and yet Ben and I were sitting with the kids eating ice cream (a special treat for the Hester kids!!!) talking about how we just could not imagine life without them. Even the tantrums, the craziness...it just wouldn't be the same without their precious, eternal souls having been entrusted to us. And God knew that. So, yes, it is only going to get crazier around the Hester house, and I wouldn't think that what is right for us would necessarily be right for every other family, but luckily the Lord knows what is best, and God, in His wisdom, knew that Emma and Caleb would need each other when we moved here. And I can't wait to see what this new little one will bring to our family!

Ben's Favorite:
"Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain.
In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat--for he grants sleep to those he loves.
Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him.
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth.
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.
They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate." Psalm 127
I was nervous, scared...unsure of what people would think when I found out I was pregnant again this time. After all, I'm not sure I'm doing a great job with my two...and I am definitely not doing a great job with our new life situation, etc. However, God spoke to my heart so clearly when we came up to the camp that first morning knowing I was pregnant and Marco, the head chef greeted us. "I'm pregnant..." I said. To which he replied immediately, "Oh, the Lord has surely blessed you!!"And the tears in my eyes and the joy in my heart most certainly confirmed that he was right.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

That's awesome. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.