Monday, November 02, 2015

Run with endurance.....

Elijah and I are just getting ready to board our flight. Elijah had a rough day yesterday and he is tuckered out!
I saw this sign at the airport on our very long walk to our gate:
1953 was the first commercial transcontinental flight between New York and LA.  
In a strange way, it made me think of all the many who have gone before me. Maybe they were traveling for different reasons, but they made this trip too.
It reminded me of this verse in Hebrews:

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us....

I'm surrounded by so many who have gone before me. They remind me to run with endurance the race that has been set before me.

It was hard to say goodbye this morning. Standing in the middle of a quiet room with the kids sleeping and still....it's always hard to leave them, even if only for a few days. I miss them already.
But this is the race that has been set before us right now.
Oh Lord. Give me endurance to run in way that gives you honor.

No comments: