Tuesday, May 15, 2007

More from my Bible Study...

We are still doing our study on Discerning God's Voice...which by the way, I recommend to anyone, it is published by LifeWay, and written by Priscilla Shirer. Anyway, this week is about the voice of the Holy Spirit, and I just loved this verse and wanted to share:
"They said to one another, 'Were not our hearts burning within us while He was speaking to us on the road, while He was explaining the Scriptures to us?'" Luke 24:32
You know that feeling, like your heart is burning within you, either because you've just seen something about God, or made a connection you've never made before? Or because you know the Spirit is leading you to do something, and maybe it seems a little odd, but you just feel your heart burning, giving some seemingly mundane task (call your friend, give her a hug, etc...) a sense of urgency, as if you were being compelled??
Yes, I remember that feeling, and perhaps I have not been so quick to recognize it as of late, but I can't wait...
Now if only I could quiet my mouth long enough to open my ears, and recognize the burning in my heart....
"Speak, your servant is listening..." 1 Samuel 3:10b
From our Bible Reading last night:
"The LORD is king! He is robed in majesty. Indeed, the LORD is robed in majesty and armed with strength. The world stands firm and cannot be shaken. Your throne, O LORD, has stood from time immemorial. You yourself are from the everlasting past...Mightier than the violent raging of the seas, mightier than the breakers on the shore--the LORD above is mightier than these! Your royal laws cannot be changed. Your reign, O LORD, is holy forever and ever."
Psalm 93

No comments: