Monday, August 20, 2007

Long Overdue....

Okay, so for our wedding, Ben and I received a cookware set that we have been using for...let's see...seven and a half years now. It has served us quite well, although, in the last year or so, I started noticing that the lovely nonstick coating inside our pots and skillets were getting scratched, and on some pieces, even peeling. This made me wonder, "Does it do any good to eat organic, healthy, or anything good for that matter, if it is mixed with small pieces of nonstick coating?"
Anyway, Macy's had a sale this past weekend and so we finally broke down and went to get a new set. It is so pretty....It is a stainless steel set by Cuisinart, almost too heavy for me to lift. I will have to work my muscles!! But they are wonderful, and I am so absolutely thankful. Of course, I didn't want to spend the money, so once I decided upon the set, I then argued with Ben for some time that we should put it back and wait for another time. He sent me and the kids off to wander while he purchased the set. So, tonight I am doubly (is that a word?) thankful. Thankful for our long overdue new cookware, and thankful that my husband knows me well enough to know when he needs to disregard my input. =)

4 comments:

Christine H. said...

What a sweet husband!!! Aren't we blessed!!!

Enjoy the cookware, and the teflon-free food! LOL

frisky said...

yep, sometimes husbands DO know best.

ATSmith said...

Good job Ben! Happy cooking : )

Anonymous said...

We updated our cookware a while ago because Scott was scared of the same thing. It was a costly endeavor, but it's much better for us. We still use our non-stick skillets quite often because they are quite handy for a quick grilled cheese or eggs.
Love you,
Heather T