Friday, August 10, 2007

Fun in the...sink?


Well, Emma asks me pretty constantly, all day, every day, "What are you going to do with us?" I knew I needed to get some dishes done, so I told her that she was welcome to do dishes with me. So I got her out a bin of warm, soapy water, and set her to work on all the kid's plastic type dishes and cups. She spent a good 15 minutes washing dishes, and then Caleb came in and saw all the fun she was having. "I want to wash dishes too!!!" So, Caleb got a turn too. So it turned out to be educational, productive, and even fun...
P.S. Caleb did wind up soaking wet, just in case you decide to try this at home. Emma wasn't wet at all.

2 comments:

Christine H. said...

Yay! I think I'll skip this one! But I'm glad it worked for you!

ATSmith said...

I really like the idea of the tub of water on the floor. I am going to try that next time Sage wants to join in on all the fun of doing dishes : )