Friday, November 07, 2014

Just the beginning...

This kid came in early this morning and asked to snuggle. (This isn't his usual). Then, he quietly announced, "I finished the Bible today."  Caleb started in Genesis and read all the way through.  He says it has taken him two years and two months-which means he started just after turning eight. He is ten now. 

I am amazed. Daddy smiled and asked him, "So, was it good?" ;-p
I asked what his favorite book was and he said "Revelation."  Wow. 
I don't really have the words to convey all that I'm thinking and feeling. I'm so proud of this young man! And because of his example, his brothers (Noah, age 8, and Ezra, age 6) have started reading in Genesis.
One of the most amazing things about God's Word is that it is alive. It changes us. We can read it over and over and it never stops flowing the lifeblood of our God into us, and washing the blood of Christ over us. It never stops changing us, but is always useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

So. As I told my sweet boy this morning, this is only the beginning..... :-)

"It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it."
Isaiah 55:11

No comments: