Monday, November 10, 2014

Can barely contain my excitement...

If you know me, you know that I research things. I have a joke with my husband where I tell him, "I know things." Usually, this is because he is surprised that I know something that seems fairly random for a...ahem...middle-aged mother of (soon-to-be) seven.

I have known for some time that I wanted to use this curriculum. I just wasn't sure when or how.
Summit ministries offers some fantastic resources, both by way of curriculum, and conferences, as well as a "semester" for high school graduates before going on to college. Their focus and heart is worldview.

As I prayed over Emma and Caleb for this year, the one thing I was most burdened for them was: worldview.  But there was still the issues of finances, timing, and how to fit this in with all the other stuff!!!!

Needless to say, the day has come. Today is their first day of the Lightbearers curriculum. It is intense. (They say an hour a day for 180 days). I don't know how accurate that is, because I'm just starting out.  But I am so excited to see how God will use this tool to grow our thinking and evaluating of what is around us.  I love thinking deeply about my God....and I am excited to see what the next 180 days will hold for us.😉

PS-they have to do a pre-test today, where they answer yes or no to questions like, "If I obey God, things will pretty much go well for me."
Yikes. I'm so glad they get to start thinking about this stuff now!!

No comments: