Friday, October 26, 2012

Noah Benjamin, age 6

My dear sweet Noah,
You were so excited that your birthday had finally arrived that you woke us up at 5:30am to see if it was time to get doughnuts. You have been counting down the days. And, although I have heard a LOT of excitement from you about PRESENTS!!!!!, causing me to worry as a mother....your joy and delight in just being loved and honored has also been evident. Every few steps you stop to give a hug or smile. You're just so excited!!!
You are the dreamer of the family. Whereas many of us tend to be practical and reasonable...you dwell in a world of impossibilities that seem as nothing to overcome. (As evidenced by your declaration of wanting both Bobba Fett's Slave 1 and Jenga Fett's Slave 1 toys for your birthday.) I'm sorry to say that you did not get either, but you seem so overjoyed and content with the small Iron-Man Lego set that we were able to get for you. :-)
This, right here, is the heart that I pray you keep. The one that believes and asks for the greatest and biggest things...and then accepts with joy whatever The Giver sees fit to give. This is the heart I pray God forms and fashions in all of us. We have learned so much from you, Noah Benjamin.
It is my delight and my honor to be your mom. Happy birthday.
Love
Mommy

No comments: