Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Change of plans....

A man's heart plans his way,
but the Lord determines his steps. (Proverbs 16:9 HCSB)

Many plans are in a man's heart,
but the Lord's decree will prevail. (Proverbs 19:21 HCSB)

Today, we went out to the pumpkin patch with some friends. After about an hour of walking in the corn maze, we sat down to enjoy some snacks. I got up to use the restroom, and realized that I was bleeding. After having been on bed rest two weeks ago for the same problem, I sort of assumed that I was fine and could kind of get back to "normal". Well...change of plans.
We needed to go home so I could get off my feet and rest. This has been a common conversation with the kids lately...it is so hard sometimes, to accept when plans change. All the kids did a fantastic job at accepting the new direction the day went-especially Emma and Caleb. Noah did cry a bit, but he calmed down quickly after I apologized and sympathized with him. It's hard when things don't go like we planned!
But, we believe in a God who is so good, that even the changes in our plans that He allows and brings about are for our good.
And I am happy to report, that there is no more bleeding today and I am "resting." Now, I just need to remind myself that the plans have changed, and perhaps I cannot do things the way I had previously planned. :-)

No comments: