Saturday, October 29, 2011

Beauty...


"Don't be concerned about the outward beauty that depends on fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. You should be known for the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God." 1 Peter 3:3-4

This picture is from our recent time in Palm Springs. A lovely young woman, Bethany Fankhauser, captured this picture of Emma. I love it for so many reasons... but, the above verse from 1 Peter is painted on the wall in Emma's room. I love that in this picture, I get lost in her eyes. I can see there everything good that the Lord is growing in her-a beauty that is oozing out of her insides, and spills out onto the outside. Oh Lord, make me so much more concerned about the beauty that comes from within, both for myself and my sweet little girl.


No comments: