Thursday, May 05, 2011

Real...


My text to Ben this morning

with this picture:
"Oh man. The Lord knew I was going to need to sleep good last night.;) Judah's screaming, just cleaned up the second poop incident with Ezra, there's still pee covered up by a towel on the floor, and I've resorted to grading 4th grade math with a calculator. But we're choosing joy."

I am reading a children's version of one of my dearest favorites, Hind's Feet on High Places. It is sweet because it has devotional questions and verses, so I am going through it with Emma and Caleb during quiet time.
Today we read these two quotes which spoke sweetly to my heart:

"...the wild flowers have a wonderful lesson to teach. Many people live a quiet, ordinary life. Hardly anyone even knows about them, but their hearts are like delightful gardens where the King Himself walks and rejoices. Some of my servants have won great respect from other people and are famous, but always their greatest victories are like the wild flowers, those which no one knows about."

"...'the water seems to be singing so gladly because it is hurrying to go down into the Valley, and yet You are calling me to the High Places. What does it mean?'
'The High Places,' answered the Shepherd, 'are the starting place. It is only on the High Places of Love that anyone can receive the power to pour himself out and give to others.'"

Thank you Jesus. My heart needed that. =)

1 comment:

ATSmith said...

haha. love the picture lisa!