Sunday, April 10, 2011

About the name...

I wanted to get these stories down before I forgot them:

Last October, when we were in Palm Springs, we met a lady at the pool. She asked me what we were going to name our baby. At that point, we didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl. But I told her that if it was a boy, I wanted to name him Judah. Everybody has their reactions... she was obviously not excited about the name and said, "Eeew! It sounds like Judas!!" My dear friend Glory was with me and quickly said something about how Judah and Judas were very different!! Luckily I just laughed it off...
The next day, the lady was at the pool again and ran into Ben. She apologized and wanted to make sure she hadn't offended me, which Ben assured her she hadn't. But, I thought it was sweet because Ben got to explain who Judah was, one of the sons of Israel, and the tribe from which Jesus descended. Super cool. =)

Also, Ben and I had agreed to pray about what to name the baby, since we figured that God already knew his name, He just hadn't shared it with us yet. =) Anyhow, one morning, I felt that the Lord gave me these verses:

"He rejected the tent of Joseph; he did not choose the tribe of Ephraim, but he chose the tribe of Judah, Mount Zion, which he loves....
With upright heart he shepherded them and guided them with his skillful hand." Psalm 78:67-68, 72 (ESV)

I like the NKJV of verse 72, which says he "shepherded them according to the integrity of his heart."

My sweet little Judah Sean. Praise God who is gracious!!!

No comments: