Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Update...

Okay, so the neurologist had said they wouldn't be able to get me in until next week, but they called back later and said they could get me in on Thursday morning.  The medicine has seemed to help a bit, and my pain is less intense and less frequent.  Not gone, but manageable for the most part.  Today my dosage was to increase.

Anyhow, today I saw the oral surgeon who took out the wisdom tooth.  He came in and said how he really didn't think trigeminal neuralgia was the correct diagnosis and didn't think I should have been put on the medication.  He said it was much more likely to be a tooth that was causing the pain.  (He didn't care to listen to me much...)  I was trying to explain how bad the pain was, and how both the dentist and endodontist couldn't find anything wrong with my teeth.  So, he pushed around on all my gums and near my teeth, and ran a Q-tip across my face, and just tried to check different things.  When he has done, he said that he did not think it was a tooth, and that he does think it is some type of neuralgia.  (I do not know how many kinds there are!!!)  But, I think he was just very surprised because it is quite rare for me to have this condition.  And, maybe it is not what they think anyway!  We are just trying to take one day at a time, trusting that God will bring the right answers and the right doctors in the right timing.  I have been very thankful for the relief I do have, and am looking forward to some more!!  I am back to functioning, so that is awesome!!!  I am taking the medication, and waiting to see what the neurologist will say.  It is hard to be patient, I am anxious to get in and see him and ask all of my questions, especially concerning nursing Ezra.  However, he seems to be enjoying his bottle of formula quite well, so we are doing okay there also.  Thank you all for your love and your prayers, they mean so much!!  

3 comments:

lnstryker said...

How did your thursday appt go? Hope you are doing better. Praying for quick recovery and easy answers.

Rebecca said...

Hey, lady! I hope you're having a happy Sunday. Let us know what's up as the news comes along. We'll be praying. I wish we were closer!

Tonya said...

Just catching up on your blog!