Monday, July 13, 2009

The Birthday Boy

 
Unfortunately, momma wasn't feeling great on Caleb's birthday.  We managed a few small presents (a Spiderman watch!!) that he could open in the morning (with Grandma's help) and Daddy took him to get donuts for us all.  Other than that, I was still in a great deal of pain, so we didn't have the day that I had planned.  But we had a good day.  No cake.  But, I was able to manage some Transformer cupcakes on the fourth of July.  We spent the evening at a friend's house, which happens to back up to the local fireworks show.  It was a great time for the kids especially, and I had a dose of heavy narcotics to get me through.  Luckily, I started feeling much better the next day, I think.  More on that later.  But, we did celebrate our special five year old boy, and although it didn't go "according to plan", it was still a great day.  We are so thankful for our sweet Caleb, and what he brings to our family.  

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Happy Day Claeb!!! I was so glad that I got to spend the day before his big day with him. He is so much fun! I can't believe he is 5!! Time goes all too fast!