Monday, January 22, 2007

Organizing toys, AKA pointless activity

I know. It really is pointless, it won't even stay like this for one day, let alone a week or more. But I still have to do it!!

About once a week, or maybe every couple of weeks I go through and reorganize the kids' toys. I put the large toys in the "toy box" which is really a large basket. Then I put the small toys in their various bins-one for cars, one for the train tracks, one for "people" which includes Buzz Lightyear and Cinderella, etc. I even labeled a few of the bins today, because, well, it feels good to have the room so organized. It won't be later today, but hey, for those few wonderful, beautiful moments, everything was in its place.

Side note: I do make my kids clean up-before every meal, or whenever they leave the room for an activity...it's just that they don't always put things away where they should go.

We also spent all day Saturday trying to organize, clean, and find places for things in our room...It's not easy to fit five people in two rooms, but when things are put away, we can all breathe easier.

4 comments:

ATSmith said...

I know the feeling of breathing easier when things are put away. It probably wouldn't feel so good if it wasn't messy the other 99% of the time ...

Rebecca said...

You're so cute! :) If only I had an ounce of that motivation and/or talent to organize. Just a little. . .

hestermom said...

Oh but Becky, you do, you do!! It's just that you use your magical organizational talents to create wonderful, yummy baked goods...I know because I've tried them.

Rebecca said...

Yes, I can organize sugar and fat and flour. It's just such a tiny little portion of my very disorganized household. But, to be optimistic, I've come a LOOOOOOOONG way from when I first started trying to keep house. Maybe by the time the kids move out I'll be set. :)