Monday, August 22, 2016

Swept off to NYC....

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."--J.R.R. Tolkien


We got up at 2am after I successfully spent yesterday afternoon avoiding packing. :-). We left the house about 2:45am, and while several phone calls to TSA in advance did not seem to help us much in the security department.....Elijah and I made it through. 
This is all the stuff, with the car seat bungee-corded to the stroller. Delta was kind enough to have someone help me push down the terminal since I was carrying Elijah at that point.
We got onto the plane and I got the car seat installed.
Elijah only slept about 20-30 minutes the whole flight-which actually surprised me. He wasn't entirely happy, but words cannot express how much easier it was-even when he was crying and upset, he was not thrashing against me or kicking someone next to me. And, I could eventually calm him down with snacks, or by rubbing his sweet little head. So! All in all, I think having Elijah in his own seat was a HUGE answer to prayer. I don't know how we will keep that up, but I really do think it made an amazing difference.
Lugging the car seat around brought some new challenges.  When I went out to grab a taxi, they informed me that there was about 400 people in front of me (literally.). So we did Uber instead, and the man was SUPER nice, let me install the car seat, and I'm pretty sure he was a believer.  I had some trouble keeping my eyes open at this point, and so did Elijah:
But it was fun to hear all about this man's life.
When got to the FDR, and could see the East River, I knew we were close.
They gave us the warmest welcome including a couple of toys for Elijah, beautiful smiles and hugs, and they even had a room "pre-assigned" for us and a crib waiting. :) we weren't sure if we would get to stay at RMH since they are doing major renovations....so this was a super sweet blessing and just made a long day feel so much less tiresome to be greeted by....well, our NY family. 

I'm so thankful to be here, and on the ground. We will turn in early tonight since one of us is very tired and we have an early morning at the hospital. Thank you all for praying!!!!!



No comments: