Monday, August 31, 2015

Oh! The Places You'll Go

On the drive down to LAX this morning, Ben and I passed the time in the wee hours by thinking about some of the great hospitals we have been privileged to receive care in.

We remembered Noah needed a minor surgery just before we had Ezra, and our insurance allowed me to choose the best possible care. We ended up at Cedar Sinai Hospital in LA.

Later, when I was diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia, we ended up at Cottage Hospital, and eventually with a great neurologist in Santa Barbara.

I remember hearing about friends who made that seemingly long drive to Children's Hospital Los Angeles....the drive that now seems so familiar.  We never planned to visit so many different departments and to become so familiar with that hospital, but we are so thankful for the doctors and nurses that have cared for us there.

And now, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, as well as New York Presbyterian Weil/Cornell. Both hospitals, the doctors, the nurses, all the staff--we feel so thankful for the excellent care that Elijah receives. And even though our insurance company has not always been the *easiest* or most *expedient* to work with, we are so very grateful that our coverage allows us to be cared for by these amazing doctors. 

So here we go again. Ben, Elijah and I are on our way to NY again.  It may not be where I would have chosen to go, or why I would have wanted to go somewhere.  But I'm thankful for the opportunity to get the best possible care for Elijah. And this is where our adventure is taking us.



No comments: