Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Emma Faith, 12 years

Emma Faith....
     I truly am so honored to be your mama. I can hardly believe how quickly the time has passed. I could never have imagined having such a lovely young lady as my daughter.  I can honestly say that it is my pleasure and one of my greatest joys to spend time with you. You have a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so very precious to God. You have the most amazing way with little people, and you are a gifted teacher. You take great delight in beauty. We have a joke that we are "heavy drinkers", because we like tea, coffee, and pretty much anything else fun to drink.  You are wise beyond your years. You know how to laugh and enjoy, and yet make choices in line with your convictions.  Quite honestly, you have become one of my best friends and I am so thankful to the Lord for entrusting such a precious gift to our home. 
    My deepest prayers for you this year are that you would forge habits that would serve you the rest of your life: habits of communing with God, loving and treasuring His Word, casting your cares upon Him, and worshipping Him in all things. I pray for deep and abiding friendships for you-ones that will last and spur you on in your love for Jesus.  I pray that you will discover and really "own" all the ways God has gifted you, that you might use them for His Kingdom and His glory.  Most of all, may you know how very deeply you are loved. You are a Daughter of the King, and you have a place in the Kingdom. May you know and love the voice of your Shepherd. I love you.
For the King,
Mommy

"For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ...
that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen." (Ephesians 3:14, 16-21 NKJV)




No comments: