Thursday, March 22, 2012

Staggering....

This morning, I am simply amazed at this one verse from God's Word:

"Therefore, behold, I will allure her, Will bring her into the wilderness, and speak comfort to her." Hosea 2:14

This is just amazing. God is confronting Israel on her harlotry...and He uses some very vivid, almost shocking imagery here. He has clearly confronted her actions and behaviors, and handed out judgement. He says that He will punish her for the idolatry and for forgetting her God... and then he says this: HE, God, will allure her. He will do the work of drawing her back to Him, of showing her the beauty that is only found in Him, and speaking comfort to her.

I am just utterly amazed at the lengths our God goes for us...

And, as if that were not enough, this is the closing of chapter 2 in Hosea:
"I will betroth you to Me forever;
Yes, I will betroth you to Me
In righteousness and justice,
In lovingkindness and mercy;
I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness,
And you shall know the LORD.
It shall come to pass in that day
That I will answer, 'says the LORD;'
I will answer the heavens,
And they shall answer the earth.
The earth shall answer
with grain, WITH NEW WINE,
And with oil;
They shall answer Jezreel.
Then I will sow her for Myself in the earth,
And I will have mercy on her who had not obtained mercy;
Then I will say to those who were not My people,
'You are My people!'
And they shall say, 'You are my God!'"

Ahhh!! A-mazed by the GOSPEL this morning.

No comments: