Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Least Effective Method of Potty Training...

I am pretty sure that I am using just about the least effective method EVER for potty training. I am just not ready to fully commit to the process, and life has seemed a little crazy for full-on training anyway. With three times a week to the chiropractor, and all of life's other twists and turns, I have taken a very cavalier approach, which I probably wouldn't recommend to anyone. But it is working just fine for now, and keeps me mellow. Noah is actually doing quite well, especially given my method, and so we are just moving SLOWLY toward the goal of sometime being potty trained. And, my personal belief is that potty training is quite a bit about training the MOMMA, as well as the child, so I am going easy on myself. It's been a while since I've had to be responsible for reminding and such. I have a really cute picture of Noah in his Superman underwear, but I haven't uploaded it, and I probably wouldn't post it anyway. But, he is super cute. I found some Superman undies at 99 cents only, (a three pack for 99 cents!!) and silly me, I just bought one pack.
We pretty much wake up, and I decide if I feel "up to" potty training really seriously. If I am super serious, we go with underwear. If I know I won't be able to be completely on top of it, then I put him in a pull-up. I do try to make sure he stays dry, but I am just not quite as concerned about it, knowing he'll be okay. So yeah, I wouldn't recommend this method to anyone, but it's going okay for us. =)

4 comments:

sarahgrace said...

That sounds very familiar. I've just started putting Selah in pull-ups, haven't drummed up the commitment part yet. I'm kind of waiting for a free week when I can just dedicate the whole week to potty training.

frisky said...

Keira is still potty training too. She just turned 3 though. You'd think that out of 4 kids that ONE of them would've potty trained early!
It's hard when there's a lot of kids and stuff going on, I think it's good that you're giving yourself a relaxed attitude about it. At least that's what I tell myself! I see the light at the end of the tunnel, that's for sure. We've had one (and sometimes more) in diapers for 8 1/2 years straight! Not sure what I'm going to do with all my extra time... and money!!???

Provl8dy said...

When he is finally potty trained, I say we celebrate by having a Mom's Night Out. :)

ATSmith said...

What a wise mother you are...recognizing your limitations and going with the flow.