Thursday, May 07, 2009

Daddy Date...


Emma didn't have a "birthday party", or many presents to speak of, but the special thing which she was looking forward to was her special Daddy date. Daddy took just her to California Pizza Kitchen, which is somewhere Emma has REALLY been wanting to go!! From what I hear, they had a great time.
Her dress was her "big" present, but she did also get a jump rope and a watch. I had been working with the kids on telling time, and they were doing really well, so I got her the watch so she could practice. She kept telling me the time, and I thought, "Wow, she is doing so well!!" Then she told me, "Mom, this watch has the 5-10-15-20 written on it!!" And sure enough, very tiny numbers were written for the minutes. We decided it would be good practice anyway. =) She also got to pick out some flowers that we planted the afternoon of her birthday. We did get to have cake at grandma's house with her cousins, so that was special as well!

3 comments:

harrells said...

sounds like a sweet birthday

Provl8dy said...

Those are the best kind of birthdays. I was praying for you and from all accounts, it looks like God answered in a grand way.

sarahgrace said...

How cool! I've been wanting to take my sons out on a mommy date...
The last one I had was with Drew when I was pregnant with Selah, and he still asks if we can go on one together from time to time. I need to just do it!