Sunday, September 17, 2006

Un-answers...and lessons in faith

So, we are moving back to Ojai. I can't exactly tell you when, although I think I've already moved, technically...The kids and I are here, as well as all our clothes (well, at least the ones that still fit my largely protruding belly) and Ben is in Crestline with a house of furniture and other stuff that we must not really need since we are without it and getting along okay. There are so many things that have brought us to this decision...so many that I wouldn't even know where to start. It's hard when people ask why or how or what made us decide to come back to Ojai, because how do you condense 15 months of things you don't really understand into a simple answer that would satisfy? But God is ever so faithful...answers I do not have, but I have oh so much more. Like a husband who is willing to make sacrifices in order to take care of his family. Like two beautiful, perfect, ornery children who light up my life. Like a healthy, large (at least he feels that way!!) baby waiting to come make our family into something it's never been before. Like parents who are willing to revisit the years of unending questions, late night wake-up calls, and waiting in line for the bathroom...with no promise of a quick end in sight. Like a God who is so faithful and so patient, who provides all that I need. And so these days, I am short on answers...I don't have the answers about what happened in the last 15 months, or what really went on in Crestline (except for a few important life lessons), and I don't have the answers about what lies ahead for us...Ben's job, what we're going to do with the house in Crestline, when the baby is coming (although that could be soon...). But I have a faithful God who is most worthy of my faith, my trust, and my confidence.
"Without faith it is impossible to please God, and anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek Him."
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."
"According to your faith will it be done to you."

1 comment:

lnstryker said...

hello insanity. we really should hang out someday since you apparently are "back"