Friday, August 02, 2013

Happenings.....

The time just flies by. Quite honestly, it is often Evelyn (and the fact that being number six, she has very little chance of a baby book....) that reminds me I haven't blogged.:-)
Lady Evelyn has been rolling over for a couple of weeks now. Well. Supposedly anyway. I personally haven't seen it. But, I lay her down for a nap on her tummy (I know, I know...) and come back to find her happily on her back. And Emma actually saw her go from her back to her tummy. But as far as I'm concerned, this is all way too fast, so I take it as here-say. ;-)
The kids have been loving the beach. Especially Emma and Caleb, who have been able to go out on the "fish board."
And we scored a last minute spot in Apple Camp:
And for the first time, Caleb entered his Lego creation into the fair. Grandpa Ron had taken him to see the USS Iowa, so he came home and built it in Legos. We heard that he won first place for his age division, but we haven't seen it yet. :)
Other than that, it's been lots of swimming...good books, good friends, and good food. We just finished "Morning Star of the Reformation", about John Wycliffe. I'll leave you with a favorite quote from this book:
"Christ is his own best teacher.  A man's way to Him lies in the Holy Scripture...If a man seeks to know the Scripture, that man seeks to know Christ.  Abide by that...and cling to the Scripture regardless of what men say."

No comments: