Monday, February 04, 2013

Playing catch up....

I am blogging from my iPad, so I don't have the same abilities I would have on the "real" computer. But at this point, it's kind of now or never. I clearly haven't been keeping up on blogging, which might be okay, except that I won't have the mental capacity to remember much of anything if I don't write it down.
So.... Here's a quick recap of life through pictures:
The first is Emma and Caleb's mosaics as we studied Justinian the Great.
Next- a picture of our breakfast bowls, which everyone around here likes pretty well. Packed with fiber, and yummy fruit...and Mommy's also has some of my new obsession (Trader Joe's Coconut Chips) sprinkled on top. This is a good representation of what our mornings look like, at least a couple of times a week. Except that Judah is usually screaming at the top of his lungs, since he has pretty much given up sleeping after 2am. Big bummer for mom and dad-he clearly didn't consult us on that one. It is one of those seasons. Not sure if its night terrors....or what. But, all of our boys have gone through some sort of sleep issue. So, we have all been a little extra worn out, but we keep plugging away nonetheless.
The next 3 pics are of Emma's sweet little Keepers of the Faith group. Kind of like Girl Scouts, but we do homemaking projects, scripture memory, Bible reading, service projects, etc. This group has been such a blessing to my sweet girl, and to my momma heart. These pictures are from our Cake Decorating night. I recently hosted and taught on nutrition; we had so much fun and made individual gluten-free pizzas. Be. Still. My. Heart. :-)
The next picture is from last weekend, where our goddaughter from China, Isabel, was baptized here in Ojai. We got all the kiddos dressed up and visited Ojai Presbyterian Church, where our dear friends the Pflegings attend. It was so sweet...I don't have a picture of Isabel, but she looked absolutely adorable in her off-white gown. :-) Emma and Anna also wore matching pink skirts, and although I intended to get a picture of them together....well, that didn't happen either. Take my word for it, they were so adorable. Hehe.
The next four pics are of the boys; after church this Sunday we went to Thille Park with the cousins. It was such a beautiful day!!!
And finally, this is me, 30 weeks pregnant. When my midwife told Caleb that the baby should be here within the next 10 Saturdays, I almost fell off my chair. Something just changes when you hear it put that way.
We have been learning, growing....being stretched in many ways. Our current read-aloud is The Hobbit. And I must confess, I am having the hardest time getting into it. The kids all enjoy it, however, and there is not much cuter than a crazy almost 2 year old saying, "Hobbit?" as he looks forward to reading time. (He falls asleep, so no, he's not really listening to the Hobbit. But he does know that it is what we read after Bible reading.)
Emma and Caleb finished up their English curriculum....so I'm trying to decide where we will head next. Emma is almost finished with her math, as well as Noah....so, we'll see what's next for them. Ezra is doing well with Sing, Spell, and is ready to start math, I think.
One day at a time. That's the road we are one right now. :-)
"Take delight in the Lord , and he will give you your heart’s desires. Commit everything you do to the Lord . Trust him, and he will help you. Be still in the presence of The Lord, and wait patiently for him to act...(Psalms 37:4, 5, 7 NLT)





















1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Tummy!! So cute. :) That was quick!