Friday, August 31, 2012

Exciting park day...

Judah busted open his lip at the park yesterday. He is 17 months old, so he did not break Caleb's record of stitches at a young age. As I washed it, I could see that it was pretty gnarly-jagged and pretty deep. But, seeing as how we have done stitches in this area before, and they just ended up getting pulled out during their sleep....I was pretty sure we wouldn't do stitches. Fortunately, my brother works for a hospital, and Ben had done EMT training quite a while ago....so, Ben got him all cleaned up and my brother brought the "super glue" they use in the ER. I'm so thankful for God's provision in this way, seeing as how
Judah didn't really realize he was hurt, so a couple of hours in the ER with me vs. the Fab Five didn't sound enticing. Ben did a great job and Judah seems to be pretty much back to normal. He will have a scar, but it won't be nearly as bad as it would have been. It's always an adventure having four boys. :-)

No comments: