Thursday, March 17, 2011

Waiting...

I think every pregnant mom finds those last few days/weeks just a tad difficult. The anticipation of the new little one, being huge, not getting sleep due to heartburn or just being uncomfortable. I am bigger this time than I have ever been. No, no... it's true. Many have confirmed it. My heartburn is worse, and I have this pelvic bone problem where I can't lift one leg at a time, or turn over without excruciating pain. I have what they call "prodromal labor" which means I get contractions, real ones, which will come regularly, and then go away. Makes it very difficult to know when the baby is ACTUALLY coming, but also tends to lend itself towards very quick deliveries (hence Ezra).

But, these last few days or so have reminded me that how we wait reveals a lot about our character. And boy, have I come up lacking. We have good days, where we still do some schoolwork, and we laugh and play Just Dance on the Wii trying to encourage baby to come and join this big, fun family. But other days... well, other days are just glaring reminders at how much I am lacking in character. I am so thankful that the Gospel is ever before me.... What perfect timing that we have been marinating in these truths: I HAVE PERFORMED TERRIBLY, and yet because of Jesus Christ, GOD TREATS ME SO KINDLY.
And His kindness comes in so many ways... like a mom, who lets me bring all the kids over and makes the waiting less.... miserable. This morning we made green shamrock pancakes for the kids, and then walked to the thrift store and SCORED on books, which has kept the kids happy for the rest of the day. Like fresh, yummy bread from Westridge Market.

It seems almost ironic that one of my favorite songs is John Waller's, "While I'm Waiting." I will serve you while I'm waiting, I will worship while I'm waiting...
How you wait says a lot about your character...
And while my heart's desire is to wait for this sweet little one WELL, today I am basking in a Savior who performed well so that I can be treated kindly even when I don't. Thank you Jesus.

No comments: